Hydrochloric acid is a strong inorganic acid used in almost all sectors of Industry. It is a clear, colourless, fuming and corrosive liquid that has a strong pungent odour.
Hydrochloric acid is a highly corrosive and reactive chemical. It is irritating to the skin, eyes and gastrointestinal tract. Please see the health and safety data sheet attached for further information.
Hydrochloric Acid is typically produced in a Chlor-Alkali facility. Hydrochloric acid system supply / build by KALF is manufactured from Hydrogen and Chlorine gases produced during electrolysis of brine utilising membrane cell technology. Salt in the form of brine is electrolysed to produce Caustic Soda, Chlorine and Hydrogen.
HCI synthesis unit design and supply by KALF which produce 30%-37% HCL acid. They combine pure chlorine gas (Cl2) with hydrogen (H2). This is then combusted to produce hydrogen chloride as following:
Cl2 + H2 = 2HCl
We provide front-end engineering design, fabricate, erection, commissioning of HCI synthesis system for our client with following advantage:
- Graphite equipment composed of gas synthesis, absorption, tail tower. Cooling system within one unit
- Steam generation full package, composed of flash vessel, horizontal centrifugal pump for pressurized water, piping, valves, instruments and skid structure.
- Improved efficiency, Long life time, Three in one units Turn-key project.
- Process flow diagram and P&ID design.
- System design in accordance with client’s requirement and local government standard. E.g fire, safety, and environmental, include mechanical, civil work, electrical, instrumentation control.
- Detail process and GA design for integrating into the existing chlor-alkali plant for both H2 and Cl2 gas.
- All process control by new PLC system and interfacing / connection to existing DCS.
- Safety, Stability, Quality, according to European / USA standard, with lower investment cost.