KALF is the market leader in the on-site generation of Sodium hypochlorite from fresh water, having over 25 installations worldwide. KALF on-site sodium hypochlorite generating systems range in capacity from 120 to 19,200 kg/day of chlorine equivalent and generate a 0.8% sodium hypochlorite solution using three common consumables: salt, water and electricity. Depending on application or site special needs, KALF systems are available as skid-mounted or component –based systems. The skid mounted systems are fully operational and generating sodium hypochlorite within short period.
Hypochlorite Generator from Brine
Non-stop operation, Electrochlorinators are designed for high capacity production from brine solution. The system contains all the equipment required for continuous production of 0.8% ( 8,000ppm ) Sodium Hypochlorite. Can be offered as pre assembled skid mounted system.
As Sample Process From Brine
Within the KALF Electrolyzer, the brine solution which is a good conductor of electricity, supports a current applied between the positive and negative electrodes, thus electrolyzing the sodium chloride solution. This results in chlorine (Cl2) gas being produced at the positive electrode (anode), while sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and hydrogen (H2) gas is produced at the negative electrode (cathode). The chlorine further reacts with the hydroxide to form sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl).
Advantages of Brine Based Industrial Electro-chlorination System
- Anodes used in our Electrolyzer cells are Titanium with DSA coating series
- The anode substrate used are of Titanium Plates
- Our unique design of electrolyser ensures easy removal of Hydrogen
- KALF Brine series based electro-chlorinators consume lesser power & salt
- Cooling water recirculation water treatment
- Production of sodium hypochlorite for commercial applications
- No Hazardous Waste Stream
- Best use of space (i.e. Modularly built, easy expansion etc)
- On line monitoring and control